0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Monday, February 20, 2006

Ah, yes... The January exam & Walk the Line!

I always imagined bragging about the January exam result here... if it was good... and sucking the car's exhaust pipe if it was bad...

I'M NOT SUCKING THE EXHAUST PIPE! VG! VG! VG! VG! VG! VG MINUS!

Ahhh, finally another VG. Perhaps I've still GOT IT... *blows at smokin' gun* *downs bottle o' flax seed oil* 8 people failed, 5 scored a G and 7 scored a VG (I was the 2nd worst VG child), IIRC. As the teachers had kind of predicted. :p They are stats geeks after all.

The day after I found out about the, erm, wonderful exam result, yes, thank you lordy, my inner and outer film festival took place. All the invisible children was surprisingly good, although the short film featuring our man David and directed by Ridley Scott and some other Scott was the TOTALLY WEIRDEST one :p and my favourite was that by John Woo. *blows nose... because... because mission: impossible ii was so ballet-ly pwetty even though everyone hated it to bits & besides john was nice to my nick lea*

Then I was washed out from the pwetty cinema on the river of everyone else's tears and met up with my mum with whom I went to see... WALK THE LINE!

One of those films on which I do not have much of an opinion at all... But there was that actor... Yes, that is quite a different case. :) I + EVERYONE *heart* JOAQUIN!

Even my mum was a puddle on the floor: "OMG THE MOVIE WAS SO GOOD! OMG JOAQUIN AND THAT GIRL ARE SO TALENTED! I THOUGHT SHE WAS A PROFESSIONAL SINGER! HOW CAN ACTORS LEARN TO SING LIKE THAT? OMG JOAQUIN IS SO PRETTY! Especially with brown contacts. Yoze, why are you crying? OHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHHH, THAT VOICE! JUST LISTEN! IT'S SO VERY MANLY!"

I shan't whine loudly. It would possibly have received a cooler welcome had I conjured it.

GET ME RIDLEY/JOHN/QUENTIN ON THE PHONE!

It could have been worse though. I loved at least one line:

"Elvis takes it!"

*neigh*

Nah, I'm just sitting here, having entered my third major Joaquin fuzz phase, approximately, and I will make no effort to swim back up. :9 O Joaquin, how can I describe my fuzz 4 thee? It all comes out sounding old (900 million years), superficial, and/or religious. Just listen:

[Sir, we have reason to believe that]
Joaquin is an angel! :D
See?

But really. 20 million monkeys poking 20 million people machines in 20 million people factories for 20 million years will eventually manufacture a... a...

Why am I wasting bandwith trying to explain? Now a relatively large part of the world knows the fuzz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought the soundtrack hours before I saw Walk the line. In the film festival's little shop. Which also offered... mmm... replicas of THE wallet from Pulp fiction. AND it was fake leather. I was severely tempted, but... but... I've got a lovely wallet already... and I'm trying not to be such a Bad Melon Farmer... so... *sniffle*

The soundtrack. I like Joaquin's voice... and Joaquin, so I had to have it of course, but expected to be horrified by the music. I had heard one Cash song that I knew of... Ring of fire. It played around a couple of Joaquin's scenes in U-turn. ROTF. THAT version of the song was perfectly horrifying in THAT feel-bad film... Anyway, I didn't know it was Cash. Later I saw the Walk the line trailer and recognised the song, but I could not think of why. :) I knew Johnny Cash's name mainly thanks to an X-Files ep in which Mulder held up a white shirt and shrieked:

"JOHNNY CASH!"

Threw the soundtrack in the player, threw some mushrooms in the pan. *feels rhythm & goes musical with kitchen utensils* All the songs weren't so fecking bad. :B I still don't feel like listening to the real thing, but my soundtrack faves would be

-Ring of fire...! :p
-Folsom Prison blues
-Home of the blues
-Cocaine blues
-Jackson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must make the unoriginal suggestion of a Robbie Williams biopic starring Joaquin! YAY! Their dark hair (um, Yoze, there is dye, otherwise), their green eyes (er, Yoze, did you see that movie Walk the line), their crazy faces, their 1974's, their higher-than-Cash voices (I mean in case Joaquin doesn't wanna work so hard to change his voice again)... I can only prove it by showing you whichever diary I was writing on June 8, 2000 - but on the day I first saw Gladiator, which was the first time I noticed Joaquin, I basically wrote... something like... "THE EMPEROR RESEMBLED ROBBIE." Spoooooooooooky, eh? :D No.

Problem is, I believe Robbie's style will not stagnate and his story will not end until he dies or summat *cries* so Joaquin can't play the young Robbie... Unless, of course, we make a Robbie Williams Biopic Part 1 this decade and keep 'em coming until the story ends. :P *crycrycry*

Or Joaquin can just tour the world and sing Cash songs or whatever he wants, I will kinda listen!
What other spooky opinion have I been harbouring for years? That Joaquin can pass not only for an animated painted wreath-wearing ancient Roman dude, or for Robbie, but also for any of them classic 50's rock stars... at will. (Er, I know nothing of 50's rock.) And I don't think it was just thanks to U-turn... :)

Naturally, these were just my few easy ideas. Our man can play ANYTHING! :x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm at school and writing this on NO blood sugah whatsoever! Gonna go and gobble down my sandwich, and a packet of thick... smooth... sweet... cholesterol free... chocolate soy milk... The lurking headache softens when one knows such things to be in store... +)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch